Thursday, November 8, 2018

Introduction

Hello, my name is Mariana, a senior at Cypress Bay High School. Watching movies is oneof my favorite past times because I find it so interesting how directors, producers, screenwriters, etc., are able to convert a single idea into a visual experience for the whole world to see and enjoy. I enjoy watching many film genres such as romantic comedies, coming of age, musicals, biopics, science fiction, and many more. One of my favorite films is Across the Universe directed by Julie Taymor because it combines many genres that I like into one (historical fiction, musical and romance). 

Another reason I love watching movies is that they have the power to bring generations of people together. Iconic movies such as Star Wars are movies I'm able to enjoy with my parents since we both grew up watching them.

I decided to take the AICE Media class to be able to study the effects of media in society. Films, a particular type of media, can influence the morals of society and spark conversation. For example, the movie Hotel Rwanda directed by Terry George brought attention to modern genocide and how to prevent them from happening ever again. Endless other movies have changed the way we look at things and evolve as a society.

The purpose of this blog is to capture the process of my portfolio project in which I will be making the opening scene of an original film. The first post is a genre database which deeply analyzes a specific film genre, including the genre and institutional conventions that make up the film. I will be working with Alexia to make the film for the portfolio project. We are very optimistic that our opening scene will turn out amazing because we are both hard workers and we both appreciate the art of film-making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment