Friday, March 8, 2019

Chicago

Hello! I'm back with some updates! Even though we had established a somewhat detailed storyboard for our opening scene, I was still thinking of ways that we can successfully transmit our idea to our audience. I was talking with Alexia on the phone when I came up with the idea of maybe incorporating a voiceover into our scene to give some context to our story so it's understandable. She suddenly thought of making it into a jail scene where she is recounting the details of how she killed her husband, but not explaining why she did it. Instantly I thought of the film Chicago (2002) dir. by Rob Marshall and the scene of Cell Block Tango:


I couldn't believe I had never thought of using this movie as an inspiration when I first started doing research. The whole movie follows two women who killed their husbands and has an entire song dedicated to women in the Cook County jail singing about who they killed their husbands. We would like to incorporate the persona of the women in this film who unapologetically admit to their crimes, especially Velma's, who has a very strong and powerful personality. Although in our original idea we wanted to keep her identity completely hidden, we believe this is a good incorporation to build our character.

No comments:

Post a Comment