Sunday, March 17, 2019

What's ahead

Hello friends! I'm super excited for this week because we will officially begin editing!😝 As I mentioned in the last blog post, we began looking at how we can edit our footage to create our opening scene. In addition to cuts and sound, I also began looking into possible film titles and how we will do the opening credits. Even though to most people the opening credits don't seem important at all, they are what set the mood for the entire film. The font and colors must match the film or they look completely out of place, confusing the viewers. We haven't looked at specific fonts yet, but we will be researching different suspense films to find inspiration. The colors will have to be neutral or colors that are correlated to thrillers and suspenseful movies such as red. Finally, I think a good title for the film is "Black Widow" because the main character is essentially like the black widow spider, and it matches the opening scene perfectly. I also think just "Widow" is a good fit and might be more impactful since it's only one word.

I also was reflecting on past research to try to think of other factors we should consider for our opening scene. I remember looking at the Jaws opening scene which is considered to be one of the best film openings in existence. The music that is particular to the presence of the shark is introduced in the very beginning and is a constant motif throughout the film. I was thinking maybe we can also incorporate this idea to our character, who we still need to come up with a name for. Since in the opening scene, she also appears in the second part, I think it would be interesting to incorporate a specific theme song to her reappearance to build tension. I haven't shared this idea to Alexia yet so we will discuss everything on Monday so we begin editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment