Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Editing Day 1

Hello! 😁
I met with Alexia on Tuesday at Panera to begin our editing process. I was playing around with the DaVinci software that was recommended to us by Mr. Guarasci from Becon TV. I hated it! It lags so much😑 The program is incredibly slow, and it wasn't because of the Panera Wifi (we connected to Alexia's phone's hotspot at one point) Not only was it slow but it was extremely confusing to use and was not user-friendly at all. It has more features than WeVideo but they were completely useless to us since it was impossible to figure it out. It was so frustrating because the software wouldn't even play back the video we had uploaded to start editing, so we just deleted it from my laptop.

Afterward, we shifted over to WeVideo and began working there. I don't know if my laptop was acting up or the wifi became really slow because WeVideo was taking forever to load the videos, but was still 100% better than DaVinci. We barely got anything done because of the lagging and that I could only be there for a little. At least we had an idea of what one of the parts of the video would look like. We began working on the part when the pictures build up, right before the title pops up.

It's very rough but it will look better once we clean it up and add sound effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment